A. The Personal Data Protection Act
The Personal Data Protection Act (Act No. 12 of 2012) (“PDPA”) regulates the collection, use
and disclosure of an individual’s personal data. The general rule laid out by the legislation is that personal data can only be collected, used and / or disclosed with the consent of the
The PDPA has been implemented in two stages. The Do Not Call (“DNC”) registry came into
force on 2 January 2014. The remainder of the provisions, including those pertaining to the
collection, use and disclosure of personal data, came into force on 2 July 2014.
B. Relevance Of This External Policy
The PDPA applies to all organisations, including voluntary welfare organisations such as Superchef Global.
It requires Superchef Global to put into place practices and policies to meet the prescribed data protection
standards. Superchef Global is liable for all the acts committed by its employees and volunteers, unless reasonable steps have been taken by Superchef Global to prevent these persons from violating the act.
This external policy therefore aims to inform the general public about how Superchef Global complies with the PDPA. It also provides a set of practical steps that people may take to gain access to, or make corrections to their personal data provided to Superchef Global. These steps also allow them to withdraw their consent to the collection, use or disclosure of their personal data.
C. Personal Data
In this Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) and under the PDPA, “personal data” refers to any data (whether true or not) about an individual who can be identified  from that data; or  from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Examples of such personal data may include a person’s:
- name, NRIC, passport or other identification number;
- date of birth;
- contact details such as telephone number(s), mailing address(es), and email address(es);
- education details;
- images, videos, and voice recordings;
- employment and financial details; or
- any other information relating to any individuals which may have been provided to
SAMH, in any form.
In this Policy, “we”, “us” or “our” refers to the Superchef Global, “you”, “your” or “yours” refers to the persons to whom this Policy applies.
A. Samh’s Collection, Use, And Disclosure Of Personal Data
Superchef Global is committed to adhering to its legal obligations under the PDPA. This means that Superchef Global will do its best to comply with the general rule laid out by the PDPA that personal data can only be collected, used and/or disclosed with the consent of an individual (subject to the exceptions and on the terms provided in the PDPA).
Note: The information in this Policy merely provides an overview of Superchef Global’s obligations under the PDPA. This Policy is not a representation by Superchef Global that is meant to create any private law obligation. Superchef Global’s precise legal obligations may be found in the PDPA, the Personal Data Protection Regulations 2014 and any other subsidiary regulations, notices or guidelines in force.
Superchef Global may, from time to time, update this Policy to reflect any changes in legal or regulatory requirements.
In general, Superchef Global collects personal data when:
- you submit any form (such as registration, application, casework, membership, consent,
public permission, or donation forms);
- you enter into any agreement with Superchef Global;
- you provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions and
transactions with Superchef Global, or when you use Superchef Global’s services;
- you interact with Superchef Global staff, volunteers, and other representatives (for example, via
telephone calls, email, fax, letters, fax, and face-to-face meetings);
- you request that Superchef Global contact you, or be included in an email or other mailing list kept by Superchef Global;
- you respond to Superchef Global’s request for additional personal data through other initiatives;
- you submit an employment or volunteer application, or when you provide documents or
information including your resume and/or curriculum vitae in connection with any
- Superchef Global takes your photographs or videos when you attend Superchef Global events;
- Superchef Global seeks information about you and receives your personal data in connection with
your relationship with Superchef Global (such as for rehabilitative services or employment
applications), for example, from public agencies or the relevant authorities; and/or
- you submit your personal data to Superchef Global for any other reason.
Accuracy: Superchef Global will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data Superchef Global collects is accurate and complete. Please help Superchef Global by ensuring that all personal data that you submit is complete and accurate. If you fail to do so, Superchef Global may be unable to provide you with the services you have requested.
If Superchef Global is likely to use your personal data to make a decision that affects you, or if SAMH is likely to disclose your personal data to another organisation, Superchef Global will make reasonable efforts to ensure that personal data collected by or on behalf of us is accurate and complete.
Security: Superchef Global will protect the personal data by making reasonable security arrangements.
However, Superchef Global cannot completely guarantee the security of your personal data.
C. Purposes Of Collection, Use And Disclosure Of Personal Data
- have any questions or feedback about how Superchef Global handles personal data;
- have any complaints about how Superchef Global has handled your personal data;
- wish to obtain access or make corrections to your personal data that Superchef Global has; or
- wish to withdraw your consent to Superchef Global’s use of your personal data,
you may contact Superchef Global’s Data Protection Officer:
Please identify yourself and indicate the personal data that the request concerns. Superchef Global will strive to respond to each request as soon as reasonably possible and as accurately and
completely as necessary. However, please note that Superchef Global may refuse your request under certain circumstances as laid out under the PDPA.
Note on Withdrawal of Consent: If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your
personal data, depending on the nature of your request, Superchef Global may not be able to continue providing its services or performing its contractual obligations to you. Any withdrawal of consent may also result in the termination of any agreements or arrangements you have with Superchef Global and you being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings. Superchef Global reserves its legal rights and remedies in such event.